Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Waiting: A Poem

Waiting

by Armando Ortiz


I wait for you to return to this side where the earth is young,

Laying here marking off the days that fall like dead leaves,

And hoping to see the blossom of your rose again.


The rocks underwater kept silent the day I caressed your skin.

and the trees around us became a collective yakshi that saw it all.

In our mischief we didn’t hold back, and lost ourselves in revelry.

That afternoon a part of me entered your sacred sanctuary.


The barn swallows living under the concrete bridge,

Are witnesses to the memories that flow down river

And accomplices to what happened that day.


Let’s be the holiness of the first birth, and the miracle of the moment.

Let me enter, and experience the rebirth of what I was before.

The sun rises as the flowers of life open, slowly moving across the earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment