Saturday, December 30, 2017

Return


Return

By Armando Ortiz


I want to return to my youth

where I saw untouched landscapes

and from my youth to that imagination

where parking lots were dense forests.


Will I play with diecast cars?


Return


I want to go back to that mind

that saw the Yosemite valley

and from that mind to the eyes

that see the coast expand before me.


Will talking sea-lions and coyotes be there?


Return


With every blink of the eyes

I'm transported to that collective memory

in the eternal conception of time.


Will the sky be as blue as it is today?


Return


I want to be in the land of stone and water

and return to a world forever remembered

crashing waves and misty fog greeting me

seagulls and warblers talking to each other.


Will those sounds be there?


Return


No comments:

Post a Comment